Apprentice Fitter - Hi-Force Limited (United Kingdom)
Hi-Force Limited – Daventry, United Kingdom
Summary of Role
We are looking to recruit an Apprentice Fitter to join our Hi-Force apprenticeship programme. This is a Level 3 Apprenticship - Engineering Fitter, working full time at our Head Office & Manufacturing facility in Daventry with 1 day’s release at Northampton College.
During the apprenticeship you will learn to assemble and fit products, and carry out processes across the manufacturing department to meet internal standards, including safe operation, maintenance and processing of metal components and materials.
- Learn and be able to competently perform all aspects of assembly of products.
- Responsible for the safe operation of machinery and equipment.
- Ensure all components are present and correct against the manufacturing route card and apply a sequential and logical approach in assembling the product to the correct drawings and specifications.
- All documentation completed accurately and eligibly, anomalies on the bill of materials or non-conformances to be reported to the Assembly Shop Supervisor.
- Demonstrate build or assembly techniques if required and safely conduct actions at all times in a professional manner.
- Responsible for high levels of housekeeping, not only around own work area but also across the whole department.
- Gain a good understanding of the machine shop, logistics, quality and any other operational departments
- Carrying out other operational activities as and when required
- Carrying out Health & Safety requirements to ensure safe operation of machinery ensuring compliance with safety standards including PPE and SOPs, assisting in risk assessments, highlighting hazards etc.
- Contributing to continuous improvement activities.
- Ensure compliance with company rules and all Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements.
Skills / Experience required
- Minimum requirement of 5 GCSEs to Grade C/Grade 4 including, Maths, English and Science.
- Ability and desire to learn numerous aspects
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines with a high level of quality standards achieved.
- Able to work with minimum supervision taking responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work carried out
- The capacity to work well with teams/others and contribute to team activities.
- Ability to learn new skills and or responsibilities.
- Achieve high standards of work by demonstrating care about customer satisfaction both internally and externally. Results focused.
- The capacity to listen to others and ensure effective verbal and written communication.
- Proactive in finding solutions to problems and identifying areas for improving the business.
- Reliable, conscientious and the ability to be a good team worker are essential.
- Strong work ethic: motivated, proactive, committed and positive attitude.
- Adaptable and dependable.